Best Online Roulette Casino – Start Playing for Real Money
Roulette is one of the oldest yet most popular table games in the gambling industry. It is a perfect combination of simple gameplay and an overall fun gambling adventure. With continuous technological innovations, roulette casinos have become a real thing.
Whether you want to play roulette for free or real money, you need to master the game itself. Moreover, you need to pick an online casino with a safe gambling environment. If you dream about becoming an online roulette expert, you’re in the right place. Our experts are here to tell you everything about the game – from the basic rules to the top strategies.
How to Play Roulette Online Real Money?
With more and more people having an Internet connection, a new generation of casinos saw the world. Gaming providers had to transform popular casino games into a digital format. And this is how the first online roulette appeared in the late 1990s. With physical restrictions eliminated, the game received multiple variations such as Multiball Roulette, Pinball Roulette, Mini Roulette, etc.
The real roulette game needs players to bet on single numbers, rows of numbers, or on adjacent numbers. They also can bet on colors and odd/even numbers. Betting on a single number gives 35 to 1, including 0 and 00. Betting on red or black, and odd or even pays 1 for 1, or even money.
Let’s be more specific. Now that you have enough cash in your bankroll, you can start gameplay by taking the following steps:
- Select a roulette game. You need to choose a variation of roulette from the casino lobby. You are free to try your strengths in demo mode. Otherwise, you can play roulette online for real money.
- Place your bets. You need to select your coin size by clicking the coin values on the screen. Then, you pick the areas (single numbers or groups of numbers) of the table to bet on.
- Press the spin button. After the wheel stops spinning, a virtual ball will fall into a specific pocket. The game will tell you whether you’ve won or lost.
- Collect your winnings. Upon a positive result, you can collect your money and repeat your previous bet. To get your winnings, you will fulfill a wagering requirement (if any), go to the cashier, choose a payment method, and make a withdrawal.
Present Variations of Online Roulette
Online casino roulette has received a wide range of variations. Although the main concept remains unchanged, some details may differ. Here are the most popular variations of roulette up to this day:
One of the most popular roulette games that feature numbers from 1 to 36 and just one zero that promises a lower house edge. Thanks to good odds and no extra double zero, it is perfect for placing bets. Apart from numbers, players can bet on lines, colors, odd/even, and so on.
The game has a wheel featuring a single zero and double zero, enabling the highest house edge among all roulette variations. The double zero makes the odds in the casino’s favor and increases the house edge to 5.26%.
French roulette has many similarities to European roulette but the game has two special terms – “la partage” (a rule allowing you to receive half your bet back upon losing an outside bet) and “en prison” (a rule giving you a chance to recover all your stakes upon making an even money bet). Both of them take the house edge to the level of 1.35%.
The game involves a wheel running from 1-12 along with a single zero. This means you have better chances to “hit” on each bet. If the ball lands in the zero section, half the bets are given back. The compact wheel size makes it slightly more attractive than a traditional roulette game.
Multi Ball roulette
Multi Ball puts 10 balls into the game. You place bets on one wheel containing three balls. And you have three opportunities to become a winner based on balls’ landing section. The odds get high since only one ball can land in a single section.
Live Dealer roulette
This variation of roulette online with real money offers a full-of-fun adventure where you can play the game sitting in front of the real dealer. It is an excellent way to spend time online imagining that the game session takes place in a land-based casino. The presence of the dealer means that the game involves cash.
In Multi-Wheel roulette, you have up to 8 wheels for betting. All of them are spinning at the same time, which boosts the chances of a winning spin. However, the payouts turn out to be relatively low compared to the traditional game.
Is Online Roulette Similar to Land-Based Roulette?
When it comes to gameplay and payouts, land-based roulette and online roulette have some differences. Both formats of the game involve a table wheel featuring 37 or 38 sections, and players are expected to guess the numbered section in which the ball will land. The payouts happen to be the same too. Players can win even money on red, black or odd/even and 35/1 on a single number.
The main difference with online roulette is that the computer predicts the process. A random number generator (RNG) makes the outcome appear on the screen, so winnings are added to one’s bankroll straight away. Players are free to leave the table at the roulette sites whenever they want. Waiting around for a seat is not an option.
Live dealer roulette happens to be a mix of online roulette and land-based roulette. It offers an exciting “live” experience where a real dealer allows you to bet on the process as it happens. By the way, you can chat with the dealer and other online players.
Playing Online Roulette: Inside and Outside Bets
When it comes to online roulette gambling, you can start with a free version. This will let you master the game and prepare yourself for possible difficulties. If you are ready to spend real money now, you should get familiar with available bets. Generally, roulette bets are split into two categories. Inside bets cover the numbers between 0 and 36, while outside bets cover everything falling outside of the number area.
- Straight/ single number (betting on one number only)
- Split (betting on two adjacent numbers)
- Street (betting on three numbers in a line)
- Quarter/ corner (betting on a group of four numbers)
- Six line/ double street (betting on two adjacent lines, covering six numbers)
- Trio (betting on three numbers, featuring at least one zero)
- First four (betting on the sequence of 0-1-2-3)
- Basket (betting on a first four bet and a double zero)
- High/ low (betting on half the board with 1-18 being low and 19-36 being high)
- Red or black (betting on the outcome being red or black)
- Odd or even (betting on the outcome being odd or even)
- Dozen (betting on one of the three sections located on the board, equal to 12 numbers)
- Column (betting on the whole vertical column, equal to 12 numbers)
- Snake (betting on 1-5-9-12-14-16-19-23-27-30-32-34)
Online Roulette Odds, Probabilities, and House Edge
Online roulette is based on independent trials, which makes it hardly possible to predict the outcome of each round. Nevertheless, players can still check the accuracy of bets. Using the idea of probability, they can estimate the chances of each particular bet.
Probability demonstrates the likelihood of a particular event in percentages or fractions. It can be easily calculated in roulette gambling as you just need to divide the number of ways to win by the total number of outcomes.
Odds stands for the number of possibilities to win in contrast to the number of possibilities to lose. They usually take the form of a ratio or a vulgar fraction, in which the numerator demonstrates the ways to win while the denominator stands for the number of ways to lose.
The roulette winning and payout odds have certain discrepancies. This is exactly what creates a house edge. The latter one reflects the average amount of money the casino earns from bets in the long run. If it was not for the zero, players have better chances of winning with their inside and outside bets. When it comes to payouts though, the house ignores the existence of the green zero pocket and provides an unfairly low return. For example, a straight up bet gives returns at a rate of 35 to 1, although its odds of losing happen to be at 36 to 1 and 37 to 1 on double-zero wheels.
The Smartest Free Online Roulette Strategies
Before you start playing the casino game online roulette for real money, you should try yourself in free mode. Here are the most common free online roulette strategies that will help you take your roulette gaming skills to a new level:
- Trying roulette games for free. This is a great opportunity to explore the basics of online betting. So, you do not have to pay anything for testing different variations of the game. However, you won’t be able to win any cash.
- Get familiar with the variations. Online roulette games are known for having slight differences in the rules. You should explore all of them to pick the one that suits you best.
- Play outside bets. Outside bets are great for beginners as they start their adventure with roulette. They can increase winning potential thanks to their capacity to cover large spaces on the wheel. However, the chances of getting large wins are really low.
- Test the en prison rule. You can use this rule to your advantage throughout the gameplay. This means that you can get your money back in case the ball stops at zero. However, you should first place a bet with 50/50 odds for this combination.
The Most Effective Real Money Roulette Casino Strategies
Have you been playing real money online roulette for a while? Or are you new to this game? In one case or another, you need a smart betting strategy to succeed in your gaming activities. Here are the most well-known roulette strategies for you to familiarize yourself with.
Martingale strategy is suitable for even bets. If players lose one roulette casino bet, they double it in the next round. This direct system does not allow players to waste their bankroll all at once. Thus, it encourages them to place larger bets in the future.
Labouchere strategy states that players choose the preferred amount of money, which can be edited later on. It is a convenient system as it requires players to track the progress of the game and minimize the risks that are related to large bets. Importantly, it stops players from cheating.
D’Alembert strategy is based on bets placed on even-money sections of the table. Instead of doubling the bet after losing the previous one, as in the Martingale, players add one unit to their stake. If they win, remove one unit. Thus, it becomes hardly possible for players to lose the entire bankroll at roulette casinos by using this strategy.
Players can enjoy better wins by placing their bets based on the famous Fibonacci sequence (0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, and so on). If players are winning the game, they move to the next number of the sequence. If they lose the game, they have to go back in the sequence by two numbers.
Paroli strategy aims to bring small, consistent wins and minimize possibly big losses. When betting on either a single number on the table, players first put a small fraction of the total betting amount at stake. If their bet wins, they double it in the next round. If their bet loses, they retain it.
Online Roulette Bonus System to Rely on
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced player in online roulette, you are eligible for certain rewards. Depending on the selected casino’s policies, you will have at least one online roulette bonus. Below are some of the most popular options.
Once you sign up for the best roulette casino, you usually receive a bonus in the form of extra cash and/or free spins. This is sometimes dependent on an initial deposit or a series of initial deposits. So it’s important to check the terms and conditions to make sure you can have on.
A no deposit bonus means you don’t need to deposit any money to receive a certain reward. This can be extra cash, free spins, cashback, or a special code. Generally, a no deposit bonus is typically lower than deposit bonuses offered by roulette casinos.
When depositing money into your casino account, you will receive a certain percentage of the amount deposited. This bonus aims to make players return.
Some online casinos offer additional bonuses to roulette players. They can be provided on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Players just need to check the terms and conditions before claiming.
Tips on How to Play Roulette Online for Money
When you consider playing online roulette for real money, you may need some guidance. In fact, there are many tips that can help you win the game. Some of these are:
- Find the best casino site. You do your research to ensure you are registering an account with the best roulette casino. Apart from exploring the casino offer, you should also pay attention to independent casino reviews.
- Knowing the variations. Each variation of instant play roulette has its own specifics along with unique odds and numbers. It is impossible to learn every rule and strategy by heart, but understanding the game is crucial for getting started.
- Make your limits clear. It’s easy to get carried away when playing roulette. When it comes to winnings and payouts, you should keep the situation under control.
- Practice makes perfect. Most online casinos provide free roulette games for smart practice. You should use this opportunity to get familiar with the gaming rules and betting strategies before you put real money at stake.
- Prioritize special promotions. When it comes to gameplay, you should explore the roulette bonus system first. It aims to make the game even more exciting.
- Learn the odds. Placing bets on certain numbers can’t promise instant wins. This can be a reason for gamblers to check roulette odds before starting the game.
- Manage the bankroll. Online roulette is a game based on luck rather than skill. This is why you should take risks seriously. Place bets within the betting budget and stop chasing financial losses.
- Research combination bets. Professional players try combining bets for a change. These can be bets on 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 separate numbers. The so-called combination bets are located on the lines between the numbers. They are riskier than the single ones, but they definitely pomise bigger payouts.
- Think about the payouts. You should be fluent in odds so you can play online roulette with ease. Each bet has an individual payout and odds that may vary from one roulette game to another.
The secret to making the most of the roulette game hides in the proper understanding of the game’s mechanisms. With the game based on an RNG, cheating becomes hardly possible. All you can do is to stick with the rules and follow the useful tips.
Free vs Real Money Roulette Online
Are you new to online roulette? Or do you have some experience with the game? While roulette real money creates absolute excitement, you may feel like having some practice at free roulette first. Without paying a single cent, you will get familiar with the game, explore different strategies, and get used to the gaming routine. If you are fine with the idea of betting with real money, you are welcome to the “big” game.
Those who can’t decide whether they want to play for free or real money may ask for some assistance. Here are the main advantages offered by both formats:
|Free gameplay, with zero risk of losing money||Opportunity to unblock bonuses, jackpots, and promotions|
|Quick start without creating an account or signing up||Plenty of real money roulette variations|
|Perfect opportunity to learn rules and bet types||Loyalty schemes and VIP programs filled with individual prizes|
|Anonymous gameplay that doesn’t need financial information||Recreating the authentic casino experience in a live dealer format|
What Do the Best Roulette Sites Look Like?
Through thorough research, we put the best representatives of the gambling industry into one list. We, at SlotoGate, help you choose a 100% legal online roulette casino. We pay attention to various criteria. You should do the same thing when making the final choice.
- Selection of online roulette games. Apart from the traditional game, there are many variations featuring slight differences. Thus, you can enjoy American Roulette, European Roulette, French Roulette, etc.
- Bonus system. Similar to any other casino game, online roulette should come up with some bonuses. This is how the game gets more exciting. Check the casino’s offer (welcome, deposit, no deposit bonuses, etc.) before you start registration.
- Easy registration and verification: You should test out the casino’s registration process to make sure it is easy to get started. The ID verification checks should be fast and problem-free as well.
- Mobile compatibility. The best online roulette casino must have a mobile format, either as a mobile app or a mobile browser. Make sure it can be accessed on your Android or iPhone.
- Quick and reliable payments. It’s important to be able to manage your deposits and withdrawals with ease. This must be possible with the available payment methods – bank cards, e-wallets, and standard bank transfer. You should check their safety, limits, and overall reputation.
- Customer support. Good customer service is crucial for online gameplay. Whatever issue you face, you should be able to contact the casino specialists through live chat, email, and/or phone.
- Licensing and regulation. You should ensure the selected casino has an official license from the gambling authority. Its safety policies shouldn’t stay without attention as well.
Don’t skip a thing when choosing a reliable online casino website. The above criteria will guide you throughout the search process. Eventually, you will find a gambling space where you will be comfortable spinning the roulette wheel.
How to play online roulette for free?
To start gameplay for free, you need to find an online casino that offers roulette games in demo mode. Thus, you will be able to start the game without depositing any money.
Is it safe to play roulette games online?
Yes, it is. The best online roulette games from top providers turn out to be safe gaming content. If you find a licensed online casino that offers those games, you won’t have to worry about the safety of your personal and financial data.
Which software providers produce roulette games?
Many top providers have at least one roulette game in their portfolio. These include NetEnt, Shufflemaster, IGT, Microgaming, Evolution Gaming, NYX Gaming, NextGen, etc.
Is online roulette similar to a land-based one?
The game concept remains the same. However, the terms and payouts may have slight differences.
Can you play real money roulette on your smartphone?
Yes, you can. The best roulette sites are compatible with mobile devices, both Androids and iPhones. They let you play the game using a mobile app or a mobile browser. Both options offer an equally delightful user experience.
What is a minimum bet in online roulette?
A minimum bet limit typically ranges between $3 and $100 but it may vary from one casino to another. So it’s important for players to check the limit before playing.
Where to play roulette games online?
At SlotoGate, you can get access to the best roulette sites. They offer roulette games from top providers. After checking the gallery, make sure they have something you are interested in.
Which type of online roulette should you choose to play?
You should consider trying different variations. They all have some differences which make things adventurous when you play real money roulette online. However, many beginners do start their adventure with European roulette due to more favorable odds.