Fair Go CasinoWelcome Bonus: 100% up to $200
Box24 CasinoWelcome Bonus: 50 Free Spins this Weekend, for New Players
Spartan Slots CasinoWelcome Bonus: 50 Free Spins for New Players on BetSoft and Topgame (Pragmatic Play) Slots
Black Diamond CasinoWelcome Bonus: 400% up to $1000
Slots Empire CasinoWelcome Bonus: Slots Empire $25 No Deposit Bonus
Raging Bull CasinoWelcome Bonus: 350% Match Deposit Bonus + 50 Bonus Spins
Sic Bo: Enjoy the Table Game Online for Real Money or Free
If roulette and craps are not your favorite table games, consider trying your luck at a Sic Bo casino game. This fast-paced dice game unites the betting opportunities and dice found in craps with the simplicity that has made roulette extremely popular. Due to such a combination, players from all over the world enjoy this game.
Sic Bo is a three-dice game that is a bit similar to Craps and Chuck-a-Luck but has several adjustments. Learning how to play Sic Bo takes just a few minutes to understand the rules and layout.
Around 2,000 years ago, Chinese people entertained themselves by playing with stones, tiles, and dice. Until now, many games that appeared in that time live on their original forms or modern variations. Sic Bo game is one of such games. Its name translates as “Precious Dice,” and around Asia, it is also known as Dai Siu, which means “Big Small.”
It is assumed that the people originally used wooden blocks with numbered sides for this game. Over time, these blocks were replaced with three six-sided dice. The game’s objective remains the same until now, which is to bet correctly on combinations of numbers that will be rolled.
During the 19th century, Chinese manual laborers traveled to the USA to work on the transcontinental railroad and brought many traditions and games with them. While immigrants played Sic Bo during their work camps, European-American settlers did not know it until the 20th century. Meanwhile, in Macau, Sic Bo game was becoming popular with Portuguese colonies that would later bring it into Europe.
Only after two more waves of Chinese immigrants to the USA, the game was noticed by European-American settlers. In the 1920s and 1940s, the classic American carnival adopted Sic Bo, renaming it Chuck a Luck. The cage in the game was called then the birdcage. It took around 40 more years for the Sic Bo table game to gain popularity in US casinos. In 1937, Macau monopolized commercial gambling. In 1970, Hotel Lisboa was opened that featured a fabulous casino featuring Sic Bo on the main floor. The game was an instant success there. Vegas casinos noticed it and introduced Sic Bo tables in back rooms for visiting Chinese gamblers. As wealthy Chinese people came to Vegas more and more often, the top casinos eventually welcomed the game onto the main floor, and soon non-Chinese bettors started to play this game. Today, Sic Bo is presented by leading operators, both land-based and online.
Sic Bo Casino Game Overview
This table game consists of two main components: the betting board and the dice. While most similar games involve a pair of dice, this one employs three of them. The gambler’s aim is to predict the exact number that comes up, the set of numbers that hits, or the total of the three dice. All the bets come with a different payout. A player can bet on multiple outcomes at once.
The table features multiple dice combinations that gamblers can bet on. Every possible bet is illustrated along with their associated payout odds. Here is how the betting board looks:
Here are the types of Sic Bo online bets:
- Total. This bet is the simplest. A player can bet on the total of the three dice. This ranges from 4 to 17 (3 and 18 are covered by Triple 1 and Triple 6).
- Single. If a gambler places such a bet, he/she is betting on a number appearing on at least one of the dice.
- Small and Big. A player can bet on the total of the three dice being Small (i.e., 4 to 10) or Big (11 to 17).
- Double. When placing such a bet, a player bets that a specific number will be rolled on two of the dice.
- Triple. If a gambler thinks all three dice will end up showing a specific number, he makes a Triple bet. Its payout usually is 30:1 but may vary depending on the casino. There is also an opportunity to bet on a specific Triple, with a payout of 180:1.
Here is a simple step-by-step guide that describes how to play Sic Bo online:
- Place the bets. A bettor needs to place bets by putting chips on the desired outcomes. The chart with possible bets and payouts is presented further. The number of outcomes to bet on is not limited. However, it is important not to bet on results that contradict each other.
- Roll the dice. In RNG games, the player has to simply click a button to initiate the dice roll. Usually, when gamblers play live casino Sic Bo, they face the versions with the traditional random number generators. However, for those looking for a more authentic experience, there are casinos that feature a live dealer who rolls the dice.
- Collect the winnings and place new bets. If the bettor placed a winning wager, he or she collects the winnings. With online versions, the games handle this automatically. Then, a player can place new bets and continue the gameplay.
Here is a table that can help understand the Sic Bo casino game bets, payouts, number of winning combinations, and house edge.
Small or Big Bet
Sum of 4 or 17
Sum of 5 or 16
Sum of 6 or 15
Sum of 7 or 14
Sum of 8 or 13
Sum of 9 or 12
Sum of 10 or 11
Single Dice Bet
1:1, 2:1, or 3:1
75, 15, 1
Any Triple Bet
Specific Triple Bet
Two Dice Combo
Play Sic Bo Online for Real Money or Free
Free Sic Bo
Real Money Sic Bo
Gives a chance to become acquainted with the game without risking money.
Gives the feeling of excitement that cannot be provided by the free version.
Gives a chance to test out the strategy without money on the line.
Gives a chance to win real cash.
Does not require registration or download.
Special offers, bonuses, and promotions add more value to the gameplay.
Tips for Improving the Strategy
Every player can learn how to win at Sic Bo and improve his or her chances to win by following the tips below. This list is created to help players maximize their potential wins:
- First, practice with the Sic Bo free version. It is the best way to get familiarized with the game. The gambler can test out various bets, check which types of winning combinations hit most frequently, and try out various betting combinations. The player can significantly improve his/her skills without risking money!
- Begin with simple bets. Some bets, like the specific triple one, rarely payout. When a player is just beginning with this game, it is a good idea to give the simpler bets a try. Single dice bets or some of the most likely sums have better winning odds.
- Place bets with a low house edge when playing live casino Sic Bo. Since this game bases on luck, there is actually no strategy that can be used. However, the most winning bets are Big/Small, with a lower house edge of about 2.78%.
- Avoid bets that cancel each other. When a bettor places a Big Bet, he/she should consider pairing it up with a sum of 12 or 13 or another high number. This enhances the chances of two wins. It is necessary to eliminate contradicting bets like Odds and a sum of 8.
- Combine the best Sic Bo bets. To get the high wins, it is reasonable to employ a medium-risk betting strategy that will not break the bank. The gambler can place his/her chips on multiple areas of the betting board. A smart winning Sic Bo strategy is to make sure one has four different chances of winning something on each roll. While there is a probability to lose four times the bet if a gambler does not come up a winner, there are also chances to make bigger gains when he/she does.
- In Sic Bo, sticking with Small and Big bets gives the player the best chance to win. A Small bet pays out if the gambler hits the numbers 4 through 10. A Big bet pays out if he/she hits the numbers 11 through 17. Since the odds of hitting the chosen number are high, the payout is low. These wagers pay out 1:1. That means if a player bets $20, he wins $20.
- Have fun when you play Sic Bo online. Just like every casino game, this one is made for entertaining gamblers. So, when playing it, one aims to enjoy this exciting experience. If getting frustrated, it is better to take a break from the game or try another one.
How to Choose the Best Sic Bo Casinos
All bettors want to be sure they are playing quality games on reputable online platforms. Before getting started, it is worth having a set of criteria to follow when choosing a resource to play table games. Here are some features that can help:
- High payout percentage. This is the rate a casino pays out in winnings as compared to the sum of money wagered. For example, a 95% payout rate means the casino pays out $95 for every $100 that is wagered. Since this is an overall rate worked for the whole casino, not a single Sic Bo casino game, it does not mean that a player will see a 95% back on each wager he or she makes. Still, choosing a platform with a higher payout rate boosts the chances to win.
- Attractive bonuses. If a user signs up with a new casino to play Sic Bo, there is a high probability of getting a welcome bonus. Typically, the gambler is rewarded based on his/her initial deposit amount. Such bonuses are an ideal chance for every bankroll since they count as real cash to play with. The bonus potential depends on every specific casino’s terms and conditions. Often, there is a specific timeframe or game type to spend the bonus on. It is always necessary to check the details before signing up.
- Security. A player must play Sic Bo online only at reputable and safe casinos. Here are three steps to conduct a security analysis:
- checking for the green bar of trust at the top of the homepage, indicating SSL encryption and certification;
- checking for safe payment options;
- checking if the site is often checked for security.
There is no multiplicity of variants of this game. However, there is actually no need since this fine number is just enough to offer the players what they want. An opportunity to start with bonus credit, an ability to play with a live dealer from any location and any device make Sic Bo worth playing.
How to play Sic Bo?
This page includes a step-by-step guide on how to play it. Here, you will also find a table with bets, payouts, number of winning combinations, and house edge. We also recommend beginning with a demo version of a game to get familiarized with it and try different strategies.
What is a Sic Bo online cage?
The cage is a container the dice are tumbled in prior to being rolled.
Is Sic Bo a safe game?
Yes, it is absolutely safe if you play it at a trusted and secure online casino that has its games independently audited for fairness.
Can I win real cash when playing Sic Bo online?
Yes, you can! Just keep in mind that to win real cash, it is necessary to sign up for an online casino and make a deposit. Demo versions are just for fun and do not offer real money winnings.
What are the payouts like for this game?
In general, various casinos offer various payouts. Additionally, in this game, each individual combination has its payout. A single play can be worth anywhere from 1:1 to 180:1.
What is the best betting option for beginners?
The Sic Bo table can seem a bit confusing at first, so many casino newcomers start with either a Small bet or a Big bet. The Small one wins automatically if the three dice add up to anywhere between 4 and 10. The Big bet wins if the total numbers add up to any number between 11 and 17.