Advantages of Using the Best Live Blackjack Casinos
After becoming a smashing hit in land-based casinos, it was a matter of time when blackjack would start conquering the online gambling space. Eventually, live blackjack online was introduced to the gambling community. Its popularity skyrocketed within a short period of time. Today, you can find hundreds of different sites on which you can enjoy different versions of the game.
Despite the overall simplicity, blackjack has some tricks and twists. Without the basic preparation, you can lose more money than you might assume. Read the following information carefully, and you will certainly pick the best live blackjack casinos and games on the web.
What Is Live Blackjack?
Live blackjack is known as an online version of the traditional blackjack game. It is played through a live stream with a real dealer sitting in front of the camera. While tables are located in a land-based studio, players take action online. Thus, every gaming session happens in real-time over the Internet.
Being a player, you can interact with other players and the dealer at the table. This mimics the experience of playing on a real blackjack live table. Of course, there are some positive and negative aspects to know before you proceed with the game.
- Interactions with a real dealer and other players, as if you are at a live Vegas casino;
- No need to wait for a game at a crowded table;
- Having fun while playing with your friends at home.
- Slow-paced gaming routine;
- Limited time for making a decision;
- Problem of finding live blackjack games with low limits.
The game of live casino blackjack is based on luck rather than individual skills. Nevertheless, you should be familiar with some betting strategies if you wish to boost your chances of success.
Rules of Live Blackjack Online
To play live blackjack, you have to stick to standard rules. They will make your gaming experience as smooth as possible. Here are the major ones:
- Every player receives two cards, facing up or down (depending on the local rules);
- Number cards (2-10) have the value stated on them. The face cards (Jack, Queen, King) give you 10 points, while Ace can give you 1 or 11 points.
- Each gaming session starts with bets placed in the so-called “boxes”;
- Every player receives two cards face up in front of their boxes. Meanwhile, the dealer gets two cards, one face up and another face down;
- Every player can get more cards by moving from the dealer’s left side;
- Every player’s hand stands in an opposition to the dealer’s. If the player’s score is higher than the dealer’s, he/she becomes a winner;
- If the player ties with the dealer, he/she can get the value of his initial bet back.
- A winning hand combination includes Ace with a 10, Jack, Queen, or King.
As you can see, the basic rules of live blackjack online are simple and straightforward. There are can be some variations, depending on the selected version of the game. Here are some of them:
- Live blackjack games may rely on six, seven, or eight decks of cards;
- Live casinos usually provide one-to-one (similar to land-based gambling venues) or one-to-many tables;
- Croupiers running one-to-many tables have to deal with bets from many players in the same way;
- The dealer will have to stand or hit on soft 17;
- Rules covering the double wagers, card pairs, the number of times pairs can be split, and insurance terms may vary from one live blackjack game to the other;
- The betting limits vary from one casino to another. If you are an experienced gambler who wants to play high-limit live blackjack, you should contact customer support. Depending on the selected online casino, you can bet up to $5,000 at a time.
While playing the game, you should follow the rules. The gaming process is not pre-recorded, so you shouldn’t try to cheat the system. You are about to take part in a game that is actually being played here and now. The real dealer is sitting somewhere in a gaming studio or at a land-based casino. Whatever you see on the screen is happening in real time.
How to Play Live Blackjack
An online blackjack live dealer experience is quite entertaining in the way it works. Players tend to spend time in a real casino as they are able to communicate with the real dealer in real-time.
Playing in a live blackjack casino is a unique experience. Below, you will find some standard steps to take throughout your gambling routine.
- Pick the best live blackjack online casino and register an account. You should choose one of the most reliable online sites. Once you are done with your choice, you can register an account there.
- Fund your account and claim your bonus. Before playing, you need to invest some money. You will contact the cashier to choose the most suitable banking method and add funds to your budget. You will choose a welcome bonus or other rewards during the online process.
- Choose a live blackjack online casino table. You will find many blackjack tables to choose from. You should make your choice based on betting limits, rule variations, and seat availability. Then, you will click on a table to join it.
- Place your bets. You should slide your chips into the betting area while bets are open. The dealer will close betting and deal cards to everyone sitting at the table.
- Play live blackjack until you find out the result. You will communicate with people at the table. You will play through your hand and wait for the gaming session to finish. By the end of the game, the dealer announces the winner and pays off their prizes.
Best Online Blackjack Live Dealer Strategies
The basic rules of the online blackjack live dealer game are simple and straightforward. The major actions taken by the players are:
The player stays with the initial cards in his hands without taking any new ones.
The player decides to take an additional card from the dealer.
If the player’s initial cards have the same value, he can split them into two hands. He will place a second bet equal to the first one outside the wagering box. The dealer will split both cards and place an additional one on each.
The player decides to double up the value of the initial bet in exchange for standing right after getting one more card.
The player can surrender after the dealer’s final check. When the player surrenders, the casino gets half of the player’s bet. It means that the player gets half of his bet back. Please mind that not all live blackjack real money casinos support this kind of feature.
A soft 17 is a position when an ace gets the value of 11. Thus, an Ace-2-4, Ace-3-3, Ace-Ace-5, and Ace-6 are considered to be soft 17. The dealer can Hit or Stand on soft 17. It depends on the player’s card value and the further action.
The above live online blackjack actions are considered to be the main ones. However, there are some additional strategies that can be tried out by the most devoted blackjack fans. By using any of them, players can improve their odds of winning.
Optimum Blackjack Strategy
The optimum blackjack strategy was introduced by Roger Baldwin to provide players with a competitive advantage in a gameplay. The strategy chart involves the probable actions and decisions the players should take in various situations. The list of actions mainly depends on the cards players have in their hands. The Optimum Strategy is mainly applicable to the game based on 4-8 decks, where the dealer hits on a soft 17.
Card counting strategy is hated by casinos and admired by players. This technique can boost one’s winning chances. It helps players find out whether the next hand will give a probable benefit to the dealer or to the player. By doing it in the right way, players can affect the casino house edge to a certain extent.
Card counting keeps track of cards by assigning a value to each card and then checking how many high-value and low-value cards have already been managed. Card counting in live blackjack is possible but incredibly hard. The difficulty is associated with the cards being automatically reshuffled before each round.
Apart from standard bets, there are some side bets that can bring your additional benefits in live blackjack. Being placed during a standard game of blackjack, they are based on the assumption and prediction of which cards will be received by the player.
The purpose of placing this kind of bet is to maximize your profit by beating the odds. Most side bets stand independent from the main blackjack game. Among several types of side bets, you can pick the one with the most suitable house edge, probability, and payout.
How to Choose between Live Blackjack Real Money Casinos?
Finding the best live dealer blackjack casinos is not as simple as one may assume. The variety of options is immense. So, you have to pay attention to multiple factors to make the most reasonable choice.
- Safety measures. Before registering at an online casino, you should make sure that it is fully authorized by the domestic and international gambling regulators. The website should be equipped with encryption technology that protects sensitive data from fraud and scams. The selected casino should cooperate with well-known software providers and auditors who make the gambling process transparent and fair.
- Bonus system. An online casino should have a generous system of bonuses that happens to be a source of motivation for new and returning users. Apart from a welcome bonus, there can be some other daily and weekly promotions, codes, and/or discounts. Ideally, a live blackjack real money casino should also have special treats for the most loyal users.
- Gaming collection. If you are a fan of live blackjack, you should find an online casino that has a few variations of this game in its collection. Thus, you won’t have to jump from one website to another trying to find a new kind of blackjack experience. Make sure that games have been produced by well-trusted software providers.
- Payment methods. Your casino adventure won’t start without depositing some funds into your account. To make this possible, you will need to use one of the payment methods. For your security, you’d better choose a casino that offers those payment methods that you are familiar with.
- Customer support. A reliable online casino should be ready to assist you at any time of the day and night. Whether you have a technical bug to report or a general question to ask, you are supposed to have more than one contact channel at your disposal.
- Mobile compatibility. Most gamblers want to be flexible in their blackjack endeavors. If you are one of them, you need a mobile-friendly online casino that would allow you to play your favorite games round the clock.
Can you play live blackjack for real money?
Yes, you can. Being an online casino member, you will play live blackjack mainly for real money. Unlike other games, this one is rarely available in a demo mode.
Can I play live blackjack on my mobile device?
Yes, you can. Although the online experience can get a bit annoying on a small screen, most online casinos do provide live blackjack solutions for mobile users. Whether you download a mobile app or use a mobile browser, you will start the game with ease.
Is there a winning strategy for live blackjack?
No, there isn’t. While there is no strategy that can guarantee you a 100% winning result, you can still apply some basic strategies to avoid the most common mistakes and maximize your chance of success.
Can you count cards in live blackjack?
Yes, you can. Online casinos don’t want you to use this technique, although they can’t forbid you to do this. You can count cards as if you are sitting in a land-based casino while the dealer won’t shuffle the deck after every hand.
Is it safe to play live blackjack?
Yes, it is. However, it mainly depends on the selected online casinos. This is why you should choose a gambling site that has a license issued by an authoritative regulator. It should also be audited by independent agencies on a regular basis.
Is live blackjack fixed?
No, it isn’t. Live blackjack is not rigged. Of course, this is the case when you are registered on legal online casinos with clear and transparent online activities. Once you see the dealer shuffling and dealing the cards, you can be sure of the game’s fairness.