Fair Go CasinoWelcome Bonus: 100% up to $200
Slots Empire CasinoWelcome Bonus: Slots Empire $25 No Deposit Bonus
Two-Up CasinoWelcome Bonus: No Deposit Bonus €/$20
Raging Bull CasinoWelcome Bonus: 350% Match Deposit Bonus + 50 Bonus Spins
Uptown Pokies CasinoWelcome Bonus: 100 Spins
El Royale CasinoWelcome Bonus: 250% + 25 Spins on Wild Fire 7s
Blackjack Tips for Dummies: Find Strategy that Works
Even gurus of card games may benefit from smart blackjack tips and winning strategies. New hints appear from time to time, and all variations of this game have similar yet different rules and approaches. First of all, new players demand recommendations that would prevent them from facing huge losses. It’s never too late to improve gambling skills and knowledge of this classical card game by reviewing some blackjack tips and tricks tested by time.
Start with the basic rules and learn the key differences between all the variations. Working way up to perfect strategy is possible with this tough guide. Though no approach guarantees 100% win, professional tips for blackjack will improve the outcomes significantly.
General Blackjack Tips and Tricks to Watch Your Back
Blackjack might seem less complicated and tricky than poker and some other card games, but it has some nuances that a beginner should learn. Have a look at the basic tips to play blackjack in an online casino.
Pick the Variant and Mind the House Edge
An important thing is to select the appropriate variant of blackjack. The house edge is what matters to every player. The lower this indicator is, the better. The house edge is roughly 0.5 percent in case you apply the main strategy. This percentage may vary depending on the player’s skill level and expertise. House edge depends on the number of decks.
Select a Trusted Casino with Fair Play
Ignoring the importance of choosing a trusted casino is one of the biggest mistakes many players who prefer gambling online make. Picking a reputable gambling platform or blackjack app is not that complicated. Here are the factors that you should consider:
- Casino’s licenses and regulations
- Data protection and security
- Payment methods
- Reviews and feedback
- Fair game (e.g., RNG)
Still, even the best online casinos cannot guarantee that a player wins. At least, they will pay out the winnings and won’t share users’ personal information with third parties.
Choose a Basic Blackjack Strategy
One of the most helpful tips to playing blackjack is to decide on a primary blackjack strategy specific to your preferred variant, which will assist with making the right decision. The full strategy chart for every variation of the game must be made of three parts: for hard hands, soft hands, and the last one for pairs.
With the help of these strategy charts and the best blackjack tips, players, especially those who are new to the business, can increase their chances of winning. These charts are rather simple to read. They are math-based. At the same time, they cannot tell the player how to behave with the side bets, bet the right amount, and if card counting can assist in online casinos.
|Your Hand||Dealer’s Face-Up Card|
|9 or less||H||H||H||H||H||H||H||H||H||H|
|Your Hand||Dealer’s Face-Up Card|
|Your Hand||Dealer’s Face-Up Card|
Know the Game from All Aspects
Not all variations of this game are created from the same mold. Blackjack versions have slightly different rules. A quick game, for instance, may have softer rules. That is why there is no universal winning strategy. All details impact the house edge, which is the most crucial factor to keep in mind. Here are the questions to answer to realize the differences between different blackjack variations:
- How much will the game pay?
- How many decks are played?
- When is it possible to split?
- When is it better to stand/hit?
- Is it possible to double on a couple of cards?
- Is it possible to double after splitting a hand?
- Does the dealer hit a soft 17?
- Is there a 5-, 6- or a 7-card Charlie?
|5-Card Charlie | No Double after Split|
|6-Card Charlie | No Double after Split|
|5-Card Charlie | Double after Split|
|6-Card Charlie | Double after Split|
Understand When to Stop
One of the most critical missions is to avoid gambling addiction. A player should notice the warning signs from the start:
- In case the urge to blackjack becomes irresistible – avoid spending all days long on gaming;
- If a player thinks about spending money for essential activities like household and rent on gambling;
- If a player starts viewing blackjack and other casino activities as a main source of income.
These are the primary tips for playing blackjack shared by the gaming gurus. Another question is what to do and what is forbidden. The checklist below will help.
Tips for Blackjack: DO’s and DON’Ts
Before moving to the tips for winning at blackjack, find out what players should always do. Also, check some things to avoid.
- The game should start by setting a budget limit to avoid huge losses and troubles. It’s better to quit gambling once a player hits the initial target. For instance, if one doubles the initial buy-in, they will stop and cash out.
- This card game is rather social and highly interactive. Every participant needs to know each other or at least communicate via live chat when playing online.
- To learn how to win at blackjack, master some of the time-tested strategies. Some gamblers come up with their own approaches to playing.
- Choose a low minimum bet game of five to ten dollars. It’s okay to let the dealer know if a player is a newbie. Dealers can then help a new player a bit. That’s why live dealer blackjack games are preferred by so many gamblers.
- Do not join the game being drunk or stressed. It’s better to postpone the game to the “sober” times.
- Do not bet more than you can easily afford to lose. Quit gambling in case you’re running out of budget.
- Do not rely just on the first online casino with blackjack that you find on the web. In case the target platform does not have any licenses, data protection tools, credible payment options, or positive reviews on the specialized gambling sites, do not waste your time and money on it.
- Don’t keep on assuming that the dealer always has a ten in the hole. It works only in 30 percent of cases. In a 52-card deck, which is a standard for blackjack, there are 16 tens. The dealer busts more than 28% of the time.
- Another question is how a player should know whether to hit or stand. Experts recommend taking players’ own bust-out rates into consideration and standing only if the chances of busting are higher than the dealer’s chances.
|Dealer’s Card||Probability when Standing on a Soft 17||Probability when Hitting on a Soft 17|
Best Blackjack Tips for Beginners and Experts
If it seems complicated to memorize the blackjack tricks listed above, these short recommendations will help. Make sure to use most of them before and while playing the card game.
- Avoid playing if a game pays 6:5; choose those offering 3:2 instead.
- Review all basic strategies and try as many of them as possible in free mode.
- Finding the best table rules is important. A perfect scenario is when the dealer stands on the so-called Soft Seventeen. One should gamble where they can surrender when using a six-deck or eight-deck game.
- One of the blackjack tips to win that is often ignored is to avoid placing bets or making any decisions on emotions or gut feelings. A player should be aware of how they will play their hands in advance.
- Do not try to play with multiple decks. In case a platform double-deck blackjack has the same rules as the six-deck variation, it will have the best odds.
- If a dealer shows five or six, they are probably making a hand than bust. Thus, do not hurry to double seven or less. In such situations, it’s better to take one more hit if the player obtains a small card.
- Stay away from taking insurance. Just four out of thirteen cards will provide the dealer with a blackjack under the ace. It means a 30.8% chance. Insurance is only good for experienced gamblers. Still, it is only recommended in case they use a card counting system.
- Do not get tricked by the dangerous Martingale Betting System. It suggests that a player should double the bet’s size when losing. This tactic may work for some time until the losing streak hits. If it happens, you risk losing everything.
- Those who play at lower stakes do not always lose less in a while. If you take part in a game like the high limit six-deck blackjack, you are at a 0.26% risk, but it may be significantly higher.
- Dealers never control your play. They can only provide some blackjack casino tips. The dealer may want you to win to earn some tips, but they cannot make a player win.
- Do not ever double 4,4. It only works when facing five or six.
- Try not to overuse the surrendering feature. Players may surrender a 16 vs. the dealer’s 9, 10, or Ace. That is in case multiple decks are used. Exclude card counting when surrendering as well.
Now, it is time to move to the next category of blackjack casino tips – winning strategies. They increase players’ chances of making good money.
How to Win at Blackjack: Strategies that Will Increase Player’s Chances
Choosing the preferred strategy is one of the keys to success. That is how to win at blackjack, though without a 100% guarantee. That’s why free mode may be useful before playing with real cash. It’s a chance to try various approaches tested by time and many other gamblers.
It’s necessary to assume that the card that players cannot see is a ten. Cards two through nine are counted as face value, but everything above ten is worth ten points. However, aces do not fall within either of these categories. They can be played as one or eleven in terms of value. Those who feel unsure about which value to choose can look at the chart that shows the most appropriate time to hit/stand/double-down/split. It still does not guarantee that a player wins, but the odds often increase significantly.
Such charts are not difficult to find in an online casino or mobile app. Keep in mind that the dealer should receive signals from a player who decides on further actions. Dealers have no right to take verbal directions from the players. Thus, the signals look this way:
- Scratching the table – “hit a hand.”
- Holding a hand perpendicular to the tabletop and waving it – “stand.”
- Putting chips up equal/less than the initial bet and picking one card – “double-down.”
- Putting chips equal to the amount of the former bet and making a “peace-sign” – “split.”
Other things to try:
- Avoid splitting ten-value cards or a pair of fives. Play a couple of 5’s like a ten. Two of them may give a couple of 15’s in the end; when using both 5’s like a ten, there is a high chance of obtaining 10 that would result in a 20 once hit.
- Try to double the bet all the time if a former couple of cards total eleven and split pairs of Aces and 8’s.
- If a player is on a winning streak, which means having three or more hands in a line, increase the bets to win more while the streak lasts. When losing, decrease the bet once more. Do not play for a while before cashing in. Luck can change at any time, so it’s better to leave at the right time.
- Register on the website and attend casinos every day to obtain bonuses and rewards. They all will maximize winnings. Gambling platforms provide players with extra credits if they play every day and deposit real money.
Is it a good idea to increase wager if a player is on a blackjack winning streak?
No such thing as a winning streak exists. If a gambler is doing fine, it’s a matter of both strategy and luck, but luck matters more. No one can guarantee that a player will keep on winning. Making it through with several hands in a row does not mean that a player should keep on betting madly. Vice versa, in case a gambler is losing, it does not mean they will win the next time.
How can a player master the blackjack strategies?
Before playing in real cash mode, a player should memorize at least a couple of available blackjack strategies. To practice, get a deck of cards and test various strategies like those offered in this article. Notice how many times you make the decision as per every approach and tip. This strategy would become your preferred one.
Should I download an app or anything else to gamble for free?
In case a user wishes to play free via a mobile application, be ready to download this app. It is also possible to play blackjack in the web browser on a mobile device. Playing online via the web browser on a personal computer or laptop is another option.
What is the way to switch to real money blackjack if a gambler is ready?
It is enough to register an account at a chosen online casino. Next, decide on the deposit amount and payment option. After that, a user can start playing blackjack the way they used to in a free mode. Decide how much to spend before joining a real-money mode. In other words, how much can you afford to lose?
Should I stand on a soft 17?
Soft 17 is a solid combination in poker. So, why won’t you stick to it and just stand? In reality, players should never stand on a soft 17, which is an ace and six. Experts recommend hitting in this case. In case the dealer hits on seventeen, the house edge goes up, and that is in favor of the dealer.
Where is it possible to play free blackjack variations and with whom?
If the player’s goal is to practice before gambling with real money or just to have fun, the option is to try a free mode. Users can find trusted, time-tested online casinos on the review websites. If the specific gambling platform is highly rated by many services and gamblers, most probably, one can rely on such a site and start enjoying the game. Check whether the particular online casino can boast strong security measures and data protection, responsive client care service, and a great range of credible, popular payment methods.
In most cases, be ready to play blackjack variations against the device. After moving to real-money mode, players can face live dealer options that make it possible to play against real people.
Should I go all-in?
No! Always leave a sufficient amount of money to double/split the hand. Not so many scenarios are more painful than getting dealt 2 aces, having not enough cash to split, then hitting for a couple of face cards and busting. It hurts!