Swedish Gambling Authority Gaming License
Swedish Gambling Authority Gaming License is considered as one of the most authoritative regulators in the gaming industry. Many online casinos are operating from within its jurisdiction. The presence of Swedish Gambling Authority Gaming License is not an empty word. Once players see Swedish Gambling Authority Gaming License mentioned on the casino’s website, they can take it as a guarantee of safety and security.
Casinos Found for Players from United States
280% UP TO $400
- Strong player defense system
- More than 500 slots available
- Impressive number of free spins and deposit bonuses
- Top slots like Evolution, Endorphina, Big Time Gaming, and Authentic
MasterCardKlarna Instant Bank TransferSkrillNeosurfEcoPayzMaestro
100% up to $/€ 100 + 100 Bonus Spins
- Support of regulatory authorities
- Great assortment of 3,500+ games
- Cooperation with the best software providers
- Responsive customer support 24/7
- Reliable payment methods
Yandex MoneyAstroPay DirectVisaEcoPayzUPayCardEthereum
$20 Welcome Bonus / 80 Chances to Win the Jackpot for just £1
- License: MGA, UK Gambling Commission, Kahnawake Gambling Commission
- Offers Casino Games, Slots, Jackpots, Table Games
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Offers More than 750 Games
100% up to £100
- Starter bonus package up to $1,500
- Wide range of games at Live Casino
- 1,300 slot machines including popular Novomatic slots and in-house games
- Regular tournaments with prizes
- Regular daily and monthly bonuses
- Demo version available
PayPalBank Wire TransferWire TransferPaysafe CardBoletoVisa
Lucky Nugget Casino
200% up to $1000 Welcome Package
- Has a reliable reputation, being founded in 1998
- Can be played on mobile devices and in flash version
- The games are licensed, safe, and certified by eCOGRA
- Availability of live dealer games with real cards
- Free slot competitions
TrustlyInstant Bank TransfereChecksEcoCardPostepayeZeeWallet
100% up to €400 1st Deposit Bonus
- Verified license
- Welcome bonus up to $ 1,000
- Multilevel VIP program
- Well-known operator with a good reputation
- Demo in every game
- More than 60 games at Live Casino
- No-deposit game
- Mobile app
Wild Tokyo Casino
125% up to € 1 000 + 125 Bonus Spins
- The loyalty program shop allows you to choose your rewards
- More than enough banking options
- Weekly promotions in addition to the welcome package
- A fantastic game library rich with high-quality options
- Mobile-friendly casino and responsive web layout
$10 Birthday Bonus
- Great online reputation
- A massive selection of slots by top developers
- Nice bonus program
- Numerous customer benefits
- Website mobile version and mobile app
- A wide range of payment methods for deposits and withdrawals
- 24/7 support
Uptown Aces Casino
25 Free Spins on Enchanted Garden II
- Huge welcome and weekly promotions
- Lots of reliable payment options
- Software designed by RealTime Gaming
- Availability on mobile app and mobile browser
- License from an authoritative gambling regulator, Curacio
EcoPayzNetellerQuick CashBitcoin CashAmerican ExpressSkrill
100% up to € 200 + 15 Cash Spinsper on 15 Dragon Pearls Slot weekly for 4 Weeks
- Variety of great games
- Quick Withdrawals
- Simple, uncomplicated design
- There are several payment options available
- Excellent Customer Support
Swedish Gambling Authority
The Swedish Gambling Authority is a new regulatory body that provides licenses to online casinos across Sweden. While it is still relatively new, it already has a strong reputation since it has quickly announced some radical measures to protect Swedish players from malicious operations. The SGA is controlled by the Ministry of Finance.
It performs a number of tasks, among which is providing players with the resources and tools that help keep a balanced and fair gambling market. At the same time, it focuses on minimizing the negative social effect caused by gambling. For example, SGA is committed to combating gambling addiction.
The Swedish Gambling Authority works with relevant law enforcement agencies to reduce the number of platforms that are in the black market. It is also responsible for providing licenses for national lotteries, slots, restaurants, and casinos.
Additionally, it supervises gambling and lottery operations. The SGA also provides training to operators on gambling and lottery legislation. To keep the government informed, the regulatory body provides updates to the government on the news in both local and global gaming markets.
Like every other gambling regulator, the SGA requires all the platforms to provide their users with some specific gambling tools. They argue that a licensed online casino has to protect users from excessive gambling. This includes tracking behavior and, if there is a necessity, helping users to limit their gambling activities. It is worth noting that, unlike other jurisdictions, the SGA only allows casinos to offer bonuses to players at the first opportunity to gamble.
Gambling Websites Licensed by the SGA
Until recent times, online gambling was under a state monopoly. It means that only state casinos were permitted to operate legally in Sweden. While foreign websites were still accepting users from Sweden, they could not apply for a proper license and go outside the gray zone.
The new rules have been in force since 2018. In 2018, Sweden allowed interested foreign and domestic gambling platforms to apply for domestic licenses from the Swedish authority. Such a decision had a dual purpose. All unlicensed online casinos could be expelled from the country, and it provided better protection for the gamblers by thoroughly monitoring the behavior of the operators with permits.
Is gambling legal in Sweden?
Yes, since 2019, all forms of gambling have been legal in this country if they hold a license from the Swedish Gambling Authority.
Are there any bonuses available to regular players in Swedish online casinos?
Unfortunately, no. The reformed law prohibits online casinos from offering bonuses and promos to players except for the welcome bonus. Therefore, all casinos that hold a Swedish license must adhere to this rule.
For how long the Swedish Gambling Authority has been on the market?
The SGA has been there since 2019. This makes it still a relatively young authority.
Are users from Sweden responsible for playing at unlicensed online casinos?
No, players are not subject to any sanctions for participating in unlicensed gambling. However, they may need to pay tax on winnings they have gained through such gambling.