Kahnawake Gaming Commission Gaming License
Kahnawake Gaming Commission Gaming License is considered as one of the most authoritative regulators in the gaming industry. Many online casinos are operating from within its jurisdiction. The presence of Kahnawake Gaming Commission Gaming License is not an empty word. Once players see Kahnawake Gaming Commission Gaming License mentioned on the casino’s website, they can take it as a guarantee of safety and security.
Kahnawake Сasinos: Obtaining a Gambling License
Kahnawake is located in Canada and comes from the Indian name in the Mohawk language. Regular Kahnawake casinos and online Kahnawake casinos can operate in many Indian reservations that are considered autonomous from the USA and Canada. While gambling may be illegal in some places in the US and Canada, it is legal in the homelands.
Kahnawake Gaming Commission
KGC issues six types of licenses and permits for gambling activities:
- Interactive Gaming License (IGL) – issued to hosting centers. The only licensed hosting in the Mohawk territory since 1999 is Mohawk Internet Technologies.
- Client Provider Authorization (CPA) – grants the right to organize gambling entertainment sites based on licensed Kahnawake hosting.
- Inter-Judicial Authorization (IJA) – allows holders of licenses issued by other regulatory authorities to provide gambling services using Kahnawake hosting.
- Key Person License (KPL) – grants the right to managers or official representatives of the company holding the license of an authorized client provider (CPA) to perform managerial or operational activities.
- Casino Software Provider Authorization (CSPA) – issued to software vendors. Allows you to certify software for online gambling establishments and provides it to licensees. Does not allow direct contact with customers.
- Live Dealer Studio Authorization in Kahnawake casino – issued to operators of gambling games taking place in real time.
Gambling is considered to be any kind of games with a mixed chance of winning. In which the player must show special skills and abilities.
- card games;
- roulette and its varieties;
- horse racing betting;
- betting on dog races or races of other animals;
Licenses for interactive gambling entertainment are issued for a period of 5 years. They require payment of annual usage fees.
The Mohawks of Kahnawake, as independent and sovereign people, belong to the Confederation of Six Nations and are guided by its Constitution. The Kahnawake Gaming Commission has the full and exclusive right to regulate and control gambling organized on Mohawk territory.
Inter-Judicial Authorization (IJA) allows companies with licenses issued by other regulatory authorities to obtain permission to conduct gambling business. The right to regulate the activities of IJA license holders remains with the regulator of the original jurisdiction.
Credibility of KGC
Kahnawake casinos that have the permission of the KGC successfully operate not only in the Mohawk or Canada, but also around the world.
In each individual region, the regulator provides licensees with the opportunity to offer types of gambling entertainment permitted by local authorities and competent regulatory authorities.
CPA service providers must provide appropriate conditions for receiving and handling complaints or disputes. Registration of a request includes the indication of user data, a detailed description of the essence of the problem and the steps taken to solve it.
The player has the right to contact KGC within 7 days from the date of registration of the complaint by the licensee, but not later than 6 months from the date of the dispute.
The Commission is investigating the incident, requesting additional information from the CPA permit holder.
After investigating the complaint, the Commission:
- will reject it as unfounded;
- will satisfy completely or partially;
- oblige the Kahnawake license holder to take the steps that KGC deems necessary to satisfy the complaint;
- instructs the licensee to reimburse the costs incurred by KGC when considering the application;
- will issue other instructions or take steps that it deems appropriate in the circumstances.
With the exception of cases when a complaint is filed against the owner of the CPA license, the Commission does not record, process or resolve the appeals of users playing on the site of the owner of the IJA permit. User claims to the software provided by the CSPA license holder are not considered.
Casino Kahnawake License: Application Submission and Review
The Commission rules provide for the appointment of one or more agents to perform one of the following functions on behalf of KGC:
- verification of compliance of the applicant’s data with the criteria and standards established by the Commission;
- testing, audit and verification of the applicant’s control system for the adequacy of the level of technical competence;
- assistance in collecting information on gaming operations licensed by KGC.
The Commission’s consideration of applications takes 4-8 weeks. In case of refusal to issue a license, the regulator provides the applicant with a written justification of the reason.
When was the Gambling Commission established in Kahnawake?
KGC was organized on June 10, 1996 in accordance with the provisions of the Kahnawake Gambling Act (MCR No. 26/1996-97). Licensing and regulation of online casinos began when the Commission adopted the Rules concerning Interactive Games.
What is the procedure for paying disputed winnings to players?
Cash prizes are transferred to the player’s account immediately. The payout of winnings is withheld by the licensee to Kahnawake if there are suspicions about illegal actions of the user with the authorized game. In this case, the license holder notifies KGC and the player in writing about the reasons for the retention.
The Kahnawake Commission is obliged to conduct an investigation and make an appropriate decision: on full withdrawal, payment of winnings or partial compensation of the player’s expenses.
Does Canada recognize the powers of the Kahnawake Gambling Commission?
The decision to recognize the competence of KGC was made in 2007 by the Supreme Court of Quebec.