German State Treaty on Gambling Gaming License
German State Treaty on Gambling Gaming License is considered as one of the most authoritative regulators in the gaming industry. Many online casinos are operating from within its jurisdiction. The presence of German State Treaty on Gambling Gaming License is not an empty word. Once players see German State Treaty on Gambling Gaming License mentioned on the casino’s website, they can take it as a guarantee of safety and security.
German State Treaty on Gambling
Until recent times, online gambling was banned in Germany. However, in July 2021, the new State Treaty on Gambling came into force. It allows online casinos to function legally. However, the requirements are quite strict and complex.
The State Treaty on Gambling allows domestic and foreign providers to make offers in Germany. The industry is now regulated and supervised by the state, intending to provide the people with very limited opportunities to indulge their gambling needs and prevent the thriving of illegal offers.
According to the new Treaty, online casinos can now be organized exceptionally with the permission of the competent authority. Therefore, online slots, table games, etc., remain banned unless the state has permitted it. Besides, the payment service providers have to allow payments only for authorized users.
Permission is only provided if specific requirements are met. For example, the providers must prove that they are not promoting gambling addiction among their clients.
The special conditions for online casinos
Online casinos are subject to special conditions. Any gambling platform applying for a permit has to prove that it agrees with the following conditions:
- Responsible gaming, every user must verify his or her account;
- No credits for users and no advertising for credits on the website;
- Every game has to be technically designed so that its rounds are not repeated quickly.
These are just a few of the necessary conditions proclaimed in the State Treaty on Gambling.
Player account for online gambling
Online casinos must create an individual account for each user. It is prohibited to allow users to play online games without a gaming account. Moreover, to set up an account, the user has to register, providing full name, date and place of birth, and place of residence. Suitable and reliable procedures shall carry out the verification.
The important point is that German players have a limit of 1,000 euros per month.
Among other numerous obligations, providers have the following ones:
- Random number generators have to be checked for fairness before they are used for the first time and at least once a year after that. The competent licensing authority must be informed of the results immediately.
- A comprehensive IT security concept must be used.
- Players must not play games simultaneously with several providers on the Internet. For this reason, technical notifications have to be sent to the supervisory authority that a player is active to compare this information with other providers.
- Online casinos must implement at their own expense an automated system that will be able to early detect players at risk of gambling addiction.
Central supervisory authority
The German State Treaty on Gambling is accompanied by establishing a central supervisory authority in Saxony-Anhalt. It will issue instructions to gambling platforms on the technical implementation of the requirements of the Treaty.
When did the German State Treaty on Gambling come into force?
It came into force on July 1, 2021.
Can I play online slots in Germany without creating an account?
No, according to the law, all users must play online casino games from their verified player account.
Are there any money limits?
Yes, currently, users can spend no more than 1,000 euros per month on online gambling.
Are all online slots in Germany fair?
Yes, every online casino must check its Random Number Generator for fairness regularly.